Action for Women’s main mission is to provide safety, support and hope for women and girls displaced by conflict, violence and persecution.
Our Athens initiative, the Pomegranate Project, offers a holistic protection and empowerment model to enable recovery and healing for women refugees or asylum seekers, at risk or are survivors of gender based violence for meaningful integration within Greek society. We are run for women, entirely by women, and we are recruiting a female French Community Liaison Office to join our team in Athens.
You will be an integral part of our long term core team as you will be responsible for communicating the needs of our French speaking participants of the Day Centre and Shelter.
This position commences from 01.10.2021 until March 2022, with the possibility to extend, where it is a hybrid of remote working and in person at the Project, for a maximum of 20 hours per week (minimum 10hours). To ensure stability and consistency for our participants, please only apply if you are able to commit for this period of time.
- Stipend of 350 Euros per month for food and transportation.
- Access to bi-monthly sessions with our team Psychologist upon request;
- Regular supervision and training relevant to your role and expanding your skill sets.
- All female working environment consisting of dedicated individuals from the Greek and international community.
- Community Engagement: Assisting all team members in need of interpretation (Written and Spoken) to facilitate information sharing and awareness on issues and announcements pertaining to asylum seekers and recognised refugees living in Greece to ensure effective and open communication with our French speaking participants;
- MHPSS Support: Provide in-person/online interpretation for our Psychologist in individual therapy sessions and weekly group psychosocial support activities;
- Protection: In-person/online interpretation for our social worker and shelter residents’ meetings. When necessary and based on request by our Social Worker: Accompanying participants of the Project to public services (hospitals, public offices);
- Skills Acquisition: In-person interpretation for our Basic IT Literacy teacher and Job Counselling sessions with our partner;
- Under guidance, monitor the attendance and engagement of our French speaking community to identify barriers to participation and facilitate referrals to our Social Worker when necessary.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Native French speaker with an excellent command (B2/C1) of English (written and spoken). We are an international team, our main language of communication is in English.
- Candidates who speak Greek/Farsi/Arabic/Lingala/Somali/Tigrinya will be prioritised.
- High professional ethics
- Excellent communication skills, listening and observation skills.
- Strong understanding of the forced migration context in Greece is desirable.
- Previous experience working/volunteering in other organisations relating to violence against women and/or female migrants and refugees who are survivors of gender-based violence will be prioritised.
- Team player who thrives in a multicultural team setting, with a strong ability to maintain composure, under pressure in an environment with high levels of ambiguity.
We look forward to receiving your applications with your CV and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Female asylum seekers with the ability to work in Greece and recognised refugees with AFM and AMKA are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing deadline for applications: 8th September 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. We reserve the right to conclude the recruitment process should a suitable candidate be found before the deadline.